Wellbeing

50 daily self care ideas

Self-care does not just have to be practised one day a week, we can implement self-care into our daily routine to help use destress and encourage self-love.

Self-care is important on so many levels and it means caring for your mind, body and soul.

I have listed 50 daily self-care ideas for you to add to your daily routine.

Remember never do anything you dislike, everyone has different forms of self-care that they will enjoy. I appreciate as a full-time mum setting up her own business and in education it can feel like we have no time for ourselves. You owe yourself at least 30 minutes every day for your own mental health and wellbeing.

You are a priority.

46. Cloud watch
47. Breathing awareness
48. Positive self talk
49. Daily affirmations

20 Self affirmations to live by

50. Help someone

I try to include the below in my daily self-care routine.

Meditating with crystals

This relaxes me and gets me into the right mindset. I usually meditate when my little girl is in bed but I wear some of my crystals throughout the day.

Time out from tv and phone

It is so important to have time out from technology on a daily basis.

•Cuddles with my little girl and dog

My little girl is so loving and having cuddles with her fills me with so much love and happiness. My dog is pretty cute too!

•Work towards a goal each day

Every week I write down what my goals are for the week. This gives me a clear direction of where I need to focus my time and energy each day to achieve my weekly goals.

•Visualising

After meditating I spend time visualising what I will have in my future as if I already have it.

•Daily herbal teas

I have a chamomile tea and maybe a green or red bush tea every day. I sit down and enjoy my warm drink (if my little girl allows).

•Gratitude list

I try to end every day writing a list of 5 things I am grateful for that day.

•Spend some time outside

I believe it is so important to spend some time outside every day, even if you are just out in your garden.

Mindful exercises

I aim to do 1-2 mindful exercises a day for example mindful washing up or mindful eating.

Weekend self-care

•Gym 3 times a week
•Sunday facemask and bubble bath
•Boxing once a week

All of the above make me feel great mind, body and soul.

I hope you find one or two ideas to add to your self-care routine. What is your favourite type of self-care? I would love to hear from you!

Sending love and light,

Alyssa x

(44) Comments

1. I need to keep your 50 daily self-care ideas on hand so I can refer to it when I get stressed. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas with us.

1. Alyssa says:

Thank you so much Deborah!

2. This was such a good list! I love keeping a gratitude journal, it keeps me grounded and also keeping a daily journal of wins (anything from impressing my boss, to getting a free snack) is great to reread when I’m having a bad day. Bubble baths and face masks are also some of my favorites and I’m still working on learning how to say no.

3. Great list of self care ideas; my favourite self care are my weight training sessions with my trainer, I always come out of them feeling better about myself and like I’m achieving something.

1. Alyssa says:

Yes! I do weight training and boxing and they are my therapy. Thank you for reading and commenting.

4. Kani says:

Wow
    Such a wonderful post.
    I read a lot of mindfulness books but getting the implement them in life takes patience.
    I practise yoga a meditation everyday and yet I lose my shit all the time!

My latest video on- https://youtu.be/4P0bjgntUBA

Kani.

5. I like to do a lot visualization. Music is a big one too. I don’t listen to much variety, but what I do like really sets me up to have a great rest of the day.

1. Alyssa says:

Thank you for reading and responding!

6. I definitely need to bookmark this for the future. Your dog is amazingly gorgeous! My favourite self care is cuddles with my daughter too.

Hannah | theartofskincare.co.uk

1. Alyssa says:

Thank you so much! They give us so much love don’t they, nothing compares to children cuddles. Thank you for reading and responding.

7. Omg, your dog is adorable! 1, 11 and 33 in particular are ones I need to get better at!

Rhianna x

Thank you Rhianna!

8. I love these self care tips. I love my herbal teas and crystals but have only recently gotten back into them.
    Your wee frenchie is to die for, what a cutie!!!

9. So many great ideas here, I love the idea of a happiness journal and gratitude list, it really helps put stuff into perspective. I love anything that takes me away from a screen as self care! x

Sophie

10. Thanks so much for sharing these! I just added this blog post to my favorites so I can come back to it whenever I lack ideas on how to relax / improve my wellbeing after a tough day at work. 🙂

1. Alyssa says:

Thank you so much Paula! It makes me so happy knowing my posts help others. Thank you again.

11. I am bookmarking your post. This list is full of great ideas and ones that I will definitely be trying.

Grace x

1. Alyssa says:

Thank you SO much! I am glad my ideas will come in use.

12. I love listening to music because it is uplifting and soothing. I also love a good cup of tea!

13. E X C E L L E N T 💛 P O S T !!
    Thanks for sharing !! ☺️

1. Alyssa says:

Thank you so much Jessica!

14. I absolutely love your posts and always look forward to reading some new ones! This is another great post! I actually went through each of the 50 items that you’ve listed. There are some that I’ve never thought of doing (such as star watching and taking a walk) and would definitely give them all a shot!

Again, thank you for sharing this lovely post!

Thank you so much Kaye!

15. That’s absolutely brilliant 😊💕 so inspiring! Love it, thank you so much for sharing it my dear.

16. This is exactly what I needed to read today 🙂 Such a lovely post!

17. Lovely list! I think my favourites for self-care are yoga, milk baths (always homemade, as the prep and decoration for it is part of the self-care), and spiritual rituals such as New Moon intentions and group rituals. I also love curling up with a good book and a cup of lavender tea! (and chocolate, of course)

1. Alyssa says:

Oh I have never tried Lavender tea! Is it nice? I do love my herbal teas. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

18. I totally am in agreement with these. One of the things that I do to take care of myself is wake up early and do 10 minutes of yoga. At night I write 10 things I am grateful for in my journal.

1. Alyssa says:

Thats awesome! Both those things are fantastic for getting you in a good mindset. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

19. Natasha says:

Such great ideas!! I totally agree that we can and maybe even should implement self care into our daily routines. I really enjoy yoga for self care! Great post!

20. I love this list, definitely going to pin for future use. Thank you for sharing x

21. Thanks for these great self-care ideas! I forget that reading a book and sipping tea can be a form of self care, its so true! 🙂

1. Alyssa says:

It definitely is! I love my herbal tea and reading. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

22. Thanks for this list. I am trying to be sure I take care of myself more. I will definitely use some of these.

One favorite is CLEAN SHEETS! Feels so good to get into a clean bed after a long day.

Here is a peek at my daily self-care routine if anyone is interested.

1. Alyssa says:

Your daily self care plan is wonderful too. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond. Alyssa

23. I love this list, especially the gratitude at the end of the day. I need to do this more often.

24. Great post, Alyssa! I am all about turning off televisions and all screens and just slowing down. My mindful exercise is when I’m washing dishes. I often find myself rushing through the task, but then I remind myself to slow down and be mindful of what I’m doing. Anyways, it makes washing dishes a more peaceful experience.
    Thanks for sharing your list!

Roger

1. Alyssa says:

Thank you Roger! Mindful exercises make a huge difference don’t they.

25. Thanks for sharing. What a fab list for those of us new to the concept of self care as a routine.

Thank you Georgia!

26. Gratitude lists are such a great technique for teaching yourself to look for the positives in life. Also, your dog is the cutest!!!

27. […] 50 daily self care ideas […]

28. […] 50 daily self care ideas […]

29. What a great list of ideas:) I’m normally good at this stuff, except when I get stressed..which is obviously when I need it most. Lol, life is a funny thing. Hopefully I can work some of your ideas in to those times.